Dundrum 2030 and UCD are currently working with Airfield and a number of local businesses and organisations on a sustainability (SDG) mapping project that you may like to get involved in.
More information on Dundrum 2030 can be found here
Why become a Community SDG Ambassador?
Ambassadors will champion sustainability awareness and efforts within the community. This role will help you:
- Realize your vision for a sustainable future;
- Establish valuable connections within the community;
- Upskill in data collection, mapping and interpretation; and
- Drive local efforts to position the environment at the centre of decision-making.
Role and responsibilities
The main role of the Community SDG Ambassador is to be a mentor and colleague to those in the community with an interest in sustainability, with each Ambassador leading an SDG. The Ambassadors will become members of the Dundrum 2030 Community Group and will liaise with group members to drive local efforts towards sustainability. This will include:
- Participating in a training workshop on data collection. The ‘Community SDG Dashboard’ project team will deliver a bespoke training workshop for the SDG ambassadors on data collection and community engagement in late September 2021. This training will give you the knowledge and skills to collect local data and inform the mapping of indicators to monitor progress towards sustainability.
- Mentoring and training others. As the network of volunteers expands, the Ambassadors will deliver very short training workshops to teach others how to meaningfully collect data and information.
- Spreading the word on sustainability initiatives within the community to continue to build connections and foster action within the Dundrum area – letting community members know about the initiatives you are aware of and letting Dundrum2030 know about initiatives you are told about.
- Engaging in community events run by the Dundrum2030 as relevant.
As it is a voluntary role, you can be part of it for as long as you wish. We do however request an initial commitment of one year in order to optimise your capacity-building and to make your contribution to the community as meaningful as possible.
For more information, please email Thomas Halton at email@example.com