Higher Education Scholarship Draw
We have made our Scholarship Draw more inclusive than ever!
This year everyone studying from a PLC to a PhD can apply for a scholarship with a total pot of €18,000! There are two types of scholarships to reflect the costs of the individual courses. Please read the information below on the types of scholarships, the rules and the checklist.
Deadline is the 14th of October and you can apply online or in the branch.
Scholarship Types Explained
- Students who are studying on a 1 or 2 year course, which is ranked NFQ Level 5 or 6 (e.g. PLC/College of Further Education) can apply for the €500 Scholarship.
- Students who are studying on a course of at least 3 years, which is ranked Level 7 or higher (e.g. IT, Bachelors, PHD) can apply for the €1,500 Scholarship.
- Those studying a 1 or 2 year Masters can also apply for the €1,500 Scholarship.
- Neither of these scholarships are available for courses not based in the ROI, although students who are studying abroad for a semester on Erasmus can apply
Rules of the Scholarship Draw
1. Applications are only open to members of Capital Credit Union and are limited to one entry per student.
2. Evidence of attendance (Letter/Email) in your current year of study on a full-time course must be provided with the entry form, dated within the past 6 months. Any entry form not accompanied by proof of acceptance or from non-members of Capital Credit Union will be disregarded.
3. The course must be CAO or QQI approved and full-time.
4. The decision of the Board of Directors is final.
5. The closing date for receipt of entries is 14th October.
6. The draw and presentation evening will take place in the first week of November.
7. The winning students must attend (or be represented) at the presentation evening.
8. Winning students will be required to participate in a testimonial video at the presentation evening and/or write a 250-word blog on how they plan to use the scholarship.
Checklist (Please Read Fully Before You Apply)
1. Complete application form.
2. Evidence of attendance in a full-time course must be provided with the entry form (letter from your college confirming you are a student on the above course, or an acceptance letter confirming you have been accepted onto the above course).
3. If you’re not already a member, you must open a Capital Credit Union account. You can become a member here.
4. Return the form and proof of acceptance to any of our offices by 14th October.
5. Make sure you are applying for the correct Scholarship, as per the “Scholarship Types Explained” section, incorrect submissions will be disregarded.
Click Here To See Last Years Scholarship Awards Night (2019)
Capital Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Loans are subject to approval. Terms and Conditions apply. Warning If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future. * APR = Annual Percentage Rate Representative example: €8,000 loan repayable over 5 years. Rate of interest 6.4% per annum variable. *APR (Annual Percentage Rate) 6.7%. 60 monthly repayments of €156.53 per month. Total amount payable is €9,391.75