PRO ENERGY HOME LOAN

Upgrade your home today and save on heating bills.

Pro Energy Home Loan

 

The Pro Energy Home Loan is a unique initiative supported by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) where grant funding is made available to members who borrow from their credit union to improve the energy efficiency of their home.

Not only will you save money on heating bills and contribute to a cleaner environment, you may increase the value of your home.

The scheme combines a low interest rate loan from Capital Credit Union (only 7.18% APR) to cover 65% of the cost and a top up grant from SEAI for the remaining 35% of the cost. Everything is arranged from start to finish, saving you a lot of time and hassle.

How the scheme works:

1
Expression of Interest

Complete the ‘Expression of Interest’ form on this page. Alternatively, you can download and email it to info@capitalcu.ie or visit one of our branches.

2
Home Energy Survey

Once the form is received, a Scheme Coordinator from SEAI will contact you to arrange a FREE Home Energy Survey.

3
Home Energy Report

Once the survey is completed, you will be given a full report and 30 days to decide whether you wish to proceed (or not) with the recommendations.

4
Loan Application

If you decide to proceed, you apply to Capital Credit Union for a loan to cover 65% of the total cost. The other 35% is covered by a grant from SEAI and deducted up front.

5
Works Arranged

Once the loan is approved, the Scheme Co-ordinator will proceed with the work and arrange the inspections, BER assessment and contractor.

6
Completion & Payment

Once the work is completed, you are given a bill for 65% of the total cost which you pay with the approved loan from Capital Credit Union. The other 35% is covered by the SEAI grant.

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of things does the Scheme cover?

The Scheme is designed to improve the energy efficiency of homes built before 2006. Typical retrofit costs include heating upgrades, roof and wall insulation.

How long do I need to be a member before I can apply for a loan under the Scheme?

You don’t have to wait. You can apply as soon as you join. When it comes to assessing a loan application, our main consideration is your repayment capacity, not your membership length.

How long does it take to get a decision on a loan application?

Most loan applications are assessed on the day we receive the supporting documents from you. Sometimes it can take a little longer. We will keep you informed every step of the way.

What if I want to repay my loan back early?

No problem. There are no penalties or fees for early repayment of a loan.

Terms & Conditions

 

  • The Scheme is open to all members of Capital Credit Union
  • To avail of scheme, your home must be built before 2006
  • A minimum of 2 qualifying works needs to be completed
  • Members need to make the recommended energy saving improvements
  • SEAI provides a grant for 35% of the cost
  • Capital Credit Union provides a loan for the other 65%
  • A minimum loan of €3,250 from Capital Credit Union is required

 

Capital Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Loans are subject to approval. Terms and Conditions apply. Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future. * APR = Annual Percentage Rate