life savings insurance
Life Savings Insurance is the life insurance cover the Credit Union provides for its eligible members as an additional incentive for them to save regularly. The amount of insurance benefit to which a member is entitled is in proportion to the amount of savings the member has, and depends on the member’s age at date of lodgement.
Subject to a maximum benefit set by your Credit Union, every €1 you save before the age of 55 provides €1 of insurance. Once you are over the age of 55, each €1 you save with your credit union provides the following benefit:
- €1 saved between ages 55-59 provides €0.75 insurance
- €1 saved between ages 60-64 provides €0.50 insurance
- €1 saved between ages 65-69 provides €0.25 insurance
- No insurance is payable on amounts saved after your 70th Birthday.
The maximum benefit is currently €10,200, which may be amended from time to time by the Board.
Once earned, your insurance remains in force as long as you leave your savings in your credit union. Withdrawals will affect the amount payable.
A member is eligible for the insurance cover carried by the credit union if, when they begin saving they are:
- Under the age of 70
- Actively at work, or if not working, in good health