July 19, 2019
Member Services Manager – Capital Credit Union
Dublin City Centre/Dublin South
Capital Credit Union
The Member Services Manager role (MSM) with Capital Credit Union offers an opportunity to join a leading and ambitious credit union. Capital CU has over 80 staff, has branches in Dublin city centre and south Dublin, and has over 50,000 members and assets in excess of €250 million.
The MSM, which is a full-time role is to assist the COO in ensuring the efficient and effective operations of the credit union on an ongoing basis and to be responsible for optimising branch office performance, services to members and employee development.
The MSM will take responsibility for leading and managing Persons-in-Charge (PICs) and staff in each branch and ensuring the effective operation of the Career Development Framework for member services employees.
The MSM deputises for the COO when required and contributes to the credit union’s long-term development and sustainability.
The key elements of the MSM role are:
Staff Rota, Planning & Recruitment
- Manage the staff rota and staffing requirements/levels.
- Recruitment of new staff in accordance with needs and authorisations agreed with the COO
- Monitor operations across all branches to ensure optimum branch utilisation and performance as well as overseeing the operation of other credit union
- Escalation point for member transaction issues.
- Provide expertise in the core member account system
- Monitor cash supplies in all branches and plays an active role in co-ordinating cash collections and deliverie
Career Development Framework
- Manage the effective implementation of the Career Development Framework across all branches including training/testing assessments and needs.
Experience in the financial services, fintech or similar sector or a regulated entity is essential.
Experience in the credit union sector is desirable.
A QFA qualification or equivalent is essential, but candidates who are well on the road to achieving the QFA or similar qualifications will be considered, and it will be a requirement to obtain the QFA in the role.
A management qualification is desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Extensive experience in managing, developing and training staff in the financial services sector, and preferably in the credit union sector
- Excellent staff management and coaching skills, and an ability to motivate and support staff in achieving high performance and professional development
- Wide experience in implementing new systems, policies and procedures
- Strong experience in the introduction of new products and services
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel
This position offers a real opportunity to work in a successful and ambitious credit union and to progress your career to another level.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV and cover letter with the subject line MSM to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday 2nd August 2019. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and take it from there after the closing date.
The Fine Print
Capital Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Capital Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Capital Credit Union’s Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at: www.capitalcu.ie