why borrow with us?
There are many times in our lives that call for extra funds. Perhaps you need a new car, want to take a holiday for a bit of rest and relaxation or renovate your home? A loan can help you achieve these goals and a loan from Capital Credit Union provides you with many benefits you won’t find anywhere else, including:
- Very reasonable interest rates
- Flexible repayments based on your personal circumstances
- No penalty for early payment of loan
- Free Loan Protection Insurance to eligible members
- Interest only calculated on what you owe – as you pay off your loan, the interest charged gets smaller
- Convenient options to pay your loan back
Our Loan Calculator is a useful tool that you can use to see how reasonable our loans are.
Call us on 01-2990400 to find out how we can help you with a loan.
Irish Credit Bureau
We are a member of the Irish Credit Bureau. This membership enables us to make faster decisions on loan applications and allows us to help our members avoid becoming over indebted. When you apply for a loan, you will be asked to consent to a data disclosure statement which authorises us to run a credit enquiry and register your details with the ICB.
Central Credit Register
What is the Central Credit Register (CCR)?
The Central Credit Register (CCR) is a national database that will, on request, provide:
- A borrower with an individual credit report detailing their credit agreements;
- A lender with comprehensive information to help with credit assessment; and
- The Central Bank with better insights into national trends in the provision of credit.
The Credit Reporting Act 2013 required us to process your personal and credit information for the CCR. From 30th June 2017, we will submit personal information to the CCR that we may already have about you, like;
- Your name;
- Date of birth; and
- Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) – a very important piece of information for matching.
The CCR needs this information to make sure it accurately matches your loans, including loans that you may have with other financial institutions. Producing a full and accurate credit report is one of the main aims of the CCR. We will also submit credit information each month about your loans, if the loan is for €500 or more.
Your loan information will be stored securely on the CCR where it will be used to create your credit report. The CCR will not calculate a score or grade for your credit report. Information will be kept on the CCR for a period of five years after your loan is paid off.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate.
**Free Loan Protection is subject to terms and conditions.
Loans are subject to approval, terms and conditions apply.
Capital Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.