Why save with us?
There are many reasons to save with Capital Credit Union. Here are just a few:
- Whether you’re saving for something specific or just a ‘rainy day’, regular saving is always a good idea.
- With us, you are not just a customer; you are an active member of a community organisation and highly successful financial cooperative.
- You can rest assured that your savings are safe and secure, earning a good dividend and helping the community.
- Members enjoy equal rights to vote (one member, one vote) and participate in decisions affecting the credit union.
- If we declare a dividend at the end of the financial year, each share you hold for that year is eligible for a dividend. The more shares you hold, the greater the dividend you receive.
- You have the added bonus of knowing that your savings are being used to make loans for other members.
- There are no transaction charges on savings (or loans) accounts.
- Savings are insured at no direct cost to eligible members.
- You have easy access to your savings and become eligible to borrow money.
Your money is safe with us
When you save with Capital Credit Union, you can rest assured that your money is safe and sound.
Free Life Savings Insurance
This is the life insurance cover that we take out for all eligible members as an additional incentive to save regularly and maintain your savings. There is no direct cost to members. The insurance is paid in addition to the savings you hold at the time of your death. The amount depends on the member’s age, how much you have saved over the years, and other terms and conditions.
Deposit Guarantee Scheme
The Central Bank of Ireland is responsible for administering the Irish Deposit Guarantee Scheme which provides protection to depositors in the event of a credit institution failing. Deposits up to €100,000 per person per institution are protected and compensation is payable to eligible depositors within 15 working days. Eligible deposits in banks, building societies and credit unions authorised in Ireland are covered by the scheme.